Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The One Where I Want to Quit

The drywall crew came on Saturday and put up all of the sheetrock in one day. I couldn't believe it! They finished today, so we're going to start cleaning tomorrow and we will be ready to start the primer on Saturday.


Look at how great the wall turned out between the kitchen and living room. I couldn't be happier! I absolutely love this new wall. Jim, the son-in-law of the woman who lived here previously, came by to take a look this weekend and he really liked the new wall, too. He couldn't believe how much work we've gotten done in just three weeks.


These cabinets are going to be the death of me. We've been sanding, sanding, sanding, sanding and I'm ready to give up. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to give up, so these are the cabinets we're living with, but I'm really tired of sanding.


Notice we took down the paneling that was on the soffit. There is a gaping hole next to the fan. Kinda wish we hadn't taken that awful paneling down just so we didn't have to deal with one more thing (but don't tell anyone I said that).

Have I mentioned that I'm tired? Because I. AM. TIRED. I really want to be done. Everyone keeps reminding me that there are only three more weeks left. Which seemed great until I realized it's only been three weeks and it seems like seven... I still have that much more to go? And I'm exhausted, so I have three more weeks to go after being into it three weeks. I'm cranky and fighting back the tears every other minute and I don't want to make any more decisions. Ever again. And I want to be able to garden and actually make meals again and maybe catch up on laundry or see a movie.

And then I think of these kids. Geez! I need a little perspective.
(And some sleep.)

They live in such a different world. I miss them.

3 comments:

  1. You will love it so much when it is done and you will start to forget how tired you were, and then you'll start a new project. Hang in there, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete