Monday, June 21, 2010

The One With the Butcher Block


So, there is this family that lives just a few blocks over from us whom I adore. I'm always welcomed, even when I drop in unannounced, which is one of my favorite things. They are super encouraging, fun to hang out with, and have a couple of the cutest kids on the planet. Plus, they feed me delicious food and I, in turn, like to feed their children sugar, and the kids like to come over and feed Louie (my fish). I'm so glad we get to stay in the neighborhood and they will always be just a few streets away. Caleb has all these crazy carpenter skills tucked away and offered to install my butcher block kitchen counters. Look at how beautiful they are! I love them with an everlasting love.

7 comments:

  1. Did someone build your counter tops or are they IKEA? Looking good Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are from the devil, er, i mean IKEA. i'm really not a fan of that place, but they had nice looking wood that was inexpensive and in stock. it was a nightmare to cut, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, try not to think about that, you are doing the best you can with what you have, and doing a great job at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,
    great looking countertop/sink. this is exactly what my wife and i will do next month. i was a little unsure how to handle the buthcer grain relative to our corner sink (exactly like yours) but i think you pics will help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!
    what brand of sink is that? like the chunky rims... thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i believe it is an ELKAY sink. i bought it at home depot for around $230ish. it can be installed as an overmount or undermount. good luck!

    ReplyDelete