Sunday, June 20, 2010

The One With Color

All of the walls are painted! Thanks to wonderful friends and their paint skillz once again. (This house is a community house already - it's taking a village to put it together!) We even painted the concrete floors in the basement. We did a lot of prep work Friday night: sweeping, vacuuming, mopping. It was previously painted with oil-based paint, so we had to put the same on again - and boy does that stuff stink! It was like spreading glue on the floor, but it went quickly. I started cutting the edges and Molly rolled. My co-worker, Heidi, joined us in the smelly basement and soon enough Jeanne joined in the fun. Everyone wanted in on the paint fumes! No pictures since we can't walk on it for 48 hours, but you'll have to trust me that the floor looks like a gigantic swimming pool full of chocolate pudding. I hope they turn out well... the suspense is killing me!

Betsy's room is pretty wild and we decided it's the color of a J. Crew sweater.


And then there is the living room. Electric! But I like it a lot!



We still have doors and window frames to paint in the basement, plus both stairways and the doors of the main floor. Oh, and the cabinets. But the house just looks so much more livable with a fresh, clean coat of paint on the walls. I love it!

The wood floors are going to be started tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment