Sunday, June 13, 2010

The One With Paint

Another long day of painting! Dad and I each spent 27 hours at the house this weekend. That's 54 hours of labor, not counting the many people who came to help. That's insane. I need to go to work just to get a break! I wish I had pictures to post, but it was dark when we finished, so no pictures. But it's nice to finally see some color on the walls!

Sara came back this morning to paint ceilings. And my co-worker, Tammi, the self-proclaimed professional edge painter, worked all morning, too. After lunch we had Bob and Leah drop by to paint the family room. Molly and Betsy tackled a bedroom while Dad and I did the other. Then we had to get more paint for the bedroom colors, but Betsy finished off the basement by painting the laundry space "sweet corn" yellow while we got paint. We also got a coat of paint on the attic ceiling, which is no easy task over the perilous stairway.

I'm so thankful for everyone who came to the house this weekend. We got so much accomplished! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. It's done? Darn, my schedule just cleared up ;)
    I finished unpacking pretty much!
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it!!! No really! Post some pictures one you take them. You are going to be moving in so soon I bet!!!

    ReplyDelete